School Trips Home
Spending time away from the home environment gives children and young people opportunities to develop:
- confidence, by living more independently and making their own decisions
- resilience, by having individual and group ownership for learning, community living and sharing free time
- a sense of adventure, by exploring new places and new environments
- an appreciation of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle through physical activity
- a chance to reflect on experiences and learning.
The core values of Curriculum for Excellence echo the key concepts of outdoor learning: challenge, enjoyment, relevance, depth, development of the whole person and an adventurous approach to learning.